Monday, January 10, 2011

e-mail of Jan 10

Dear Dad and Mom,
Everything is going really good here in my new area I love it a lot. The members are helping us out a lot here and the work is really good. There are lots of people open to hearing about the gospel.
We had a leadership meeting with President this past week and so we did divisions with the Elders that were from the cities outside of Teresina. We got a lot of work done in our area. It helped out a lot.
This week we should have at least 2 baptisms but we are expecting 5 or 6 to be baptized. We started teaching lots of new families and in fact we are planning on having a wedding and baptism of a family that we began teaching.
It is the rainy season here in Teresina and it basically rains every day or every night. If it rains during the day, if we are lucky we wait it out in the members or investigators house but if we're not lucky we get rained on. It is really nice when it rains here because it isn't as hot and sometimes it's nice to get rained on.
So I only use my suit coat on Sundays if our chapel has air conditioning and our chapel here has it but it doesn't always work so I don't take it with me. We live really close to our chapel here, there is a school on the block next to us going towards the chapel. I will try and get the names of the cross streets and send it to you Dad.
I did get all three of my packages and I loved the pillow case. I am using it right now.
Well Mom one of my favorite Scriptures I would have to say is in Alma 7:11-16 that talks about the atonement of Jesus Christ and how much he suffered for us and also about baptism. I will think of a missionary experience and let you know next week in my letter I will think about it.
Well that's about all that I have to tell you about this week. I love you all and will talk to you next week. Love your son, Elder Crittenden

No comments:

Post a Comment