Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentines Day, Feb 14 e-mail

Dear Dad and Mom,
So I had completely forgotten that today was Valentines day. I remembered when you said in the letter. So they do celebrate Valentines day but it is the 12th of June.
About the only holiday that they have this month is Carnival and this year it won't even fall on this month. They do have some patriotic holidays down here but not too many. They mostly have holidays about Saints from the catholic church because its influence down here is so strong.
But anyway my week was really good. We had zone conference on Wednesday. We are no longer in a triplet. Elder Romero got his new companion and it's Elder Daniel from my group in the MTC.
We had a baptism with a miracle and we taught a lot of cool people. Zone conference was pretty good. I liked it and learned quite a bit and liked being able to see the two zones together here in Teresina.
So this week we started teaching a family that is a cousin of a member here that does divisions with us quite often and they are a really cool family. They have lots of questions and doubts and are really open to hearing about the gospel. They have a ton of questions about baptism in particular. They didn't go to church yesterday but said that they would go next week. We also started teaching another family that was a reference of our person that got baptized yesterday and only the daughter went to church but she already wants to get baptized too. At the baptism yesterday we had another family that me and my comp had contacted and the Dad didn't want anything to do with God or Church or even talk with us but he went to the baptism yesterday and decided that he now wants to hear about the church and accepted us to come and teach at his house.
We had lunch yesterday at the house of some recent converts who their mom isn't a member yet but we have been teaching her a lot and she wanted to make lunch for us. I don't think that I have ever eaten so much food in my life.
I have got to go but I will fill you in on the rest of the story this next week. Sorry that I don't have a lot of details but I am out of time here on the internet. I Love you all very much. Love your son, Elder Crittenden

No comments:

Post a Comment