Monday, May 3, 2010

e-mail of May 5th

Dear Family, Well to talk about Mothers Day I don’t have a number for you to call me at or a time yet because President doesn’t want us to use the mission cell phones to make the calls but I will probably call you at the house of a member and then have you call me back at that number because we have to pay for the call. But I did find out the numbers for you to call me at and this is how you do it, 1: dial 011 to get outside the US 2: dial 55 because that is the code for Brazil 3: dial 98 to call to me here in Sao Luis 4: dial the number that I will try and give to you later this week if I can get one if not I will be calling you from a payphone type thing that they have here in Brazil. I don’t know if you will be able to use that phone card that Kendra has to call me but you can try. I am excited to call home on Mother’s Day too it will be good to hear from you all. To talk about my week it has been pretty crazy, my companion and I have been preparing our training for tomorrow which is Zone Conference and it should be interesting. We have also been finding alot of new investigators and teaching them and preparing them for baptisms. I might have my first marriage in the mission too here in a little bit. We are working on marrying a couple and then baptizing the family. I had a pretty cool experience happen this past week too, my companion and I were walking in the street and this kid saw us and asked if we spoke English I said that I did and he started to converse with me in English with the little that he knew like basic conversation. Well I told him about my English class that I teach on Saturdays and he was interested and was there and brought 3 friends with him. We also invited them to hear about our church and he accepted and we have been teaching him. When we invited him to pray about Joseph Smith and the church he did and said that he had such a strong impression that he almost cried. He also asked the Lord to give him a sign that if the church was true that the next day if it was sunny that the church was true but if it wasn’t it would be cloudy. It was good to try and explain to him that we don’t always have a sign to our prayers but that the spirit uses our feelings as a witness and him and his friends had lots of questions about the church and were at church on Sunday and really liked it there. It was fast Sunday so it was even more special to hear the testimonies that were given. We didn’t have any baptisms this week but I am glad to hear that Tristan was baptized. I am still doing good health wise and everything is going good here in the Mission. I hope that we will start having some baptisms here in the next couple of weeks. I will try to send an email later this week probably on Friday with the number for you to call me at. So if you have any questions send me an Email before Friday. I love you all and I will talk to you here in a little bit. Love Your Son, Elder Crittenden

No comments:

Post a Comment