Monday, June 21, 2010

June 14 e-mail

Dear Family,
I have been doing pretty well, this past week was kinda difficult to work because of the World cup, everyone is watching the games and its hard to find new investigators. We didnt have any baptisms but we are preparing this kid that wants to be baptized right now and we talked with his mom for the first time yesterday and she said that she would let him get baptized. I cant believe that Jessica has graduated its crazy. So yeah it is starting to be summer here now which means that it wont rain quite as often and it will get hotter and I am already beginning to feel it. Yesterday at 7:30 in the morning as we were getting our investigators to take them to church I was dripping sweat just walking and it was nice to finally arrive at the church for the air conditioning. To let you know mom my card really did expire at the end of May, and I will let you know when I get my new card I might get it tomorrow but I dont think so. Tomorrow we have Zone conference and so we have been preparing our training that we are going to give to our zone so it was kind of a stressful week. Also tomorrow is the first game for Brazil at the World cup so after zone conference President said that we all have to go to our homes and stay there. But underneath our house we have a little bar and store and the other day the owner put this big flat screen tv in the bar and they always have people there so we will be able to hear everything that is going on it should be good. Yes the tv stations broadcast the games here and everyone that is not working is watching. Tomorrow is basically a National holiday for Brazil because of the game everything will probably shut down and everyone will be at home or in a bar watching the game. I had another Elder ask for something else if you can send it to me in my next package, he wants a little Book of Mormon in English to read from. You can buy them at the MTC bookstore if you cant find one at Deseret Book but the little one. Well I am running out of things to talk about here I love you all and am praying for you always.
Love,
Elder Crittenden

No comments:

Post a Comment