Friday, November 27, 2009

e-mail of November 27

Hey Everyone Happy Thanksgiving even though it is the day after. To sum up my week, Thanksgiving here was awesome I wished I could have been home but it was amazing here also. At our Tuesday night devotional we had Elder Dallin H. Oaks come and speak to us and he gave us alot of pointers on how to be better missionaries and I loved it. Than on Thanksgiving day it was really nice we didn't have to go to class at all, we got to stay in our dorms and study. We had a morning devotional at 10 and Elder Jeffery R. Holland came and spoke to us. Well he didn't speak to us as I was hoping he would, but a couple of weeks ago they had the missionaries write down a question that they wanted to ask a general authority and then he answered some of those questions. It was still an excellent talk and I love the power of his testimony. Then we had a big thanksgiving lunch. They did serve us turkey and all the good stuff for thanks giving so it was awesome. After that we didn't have anything planned until after dinner where we made first aid kits for africa and that was fun. Then we had our evening devotional and that one was kind of weird. President Smith of the MTC spoke a little bit to us and than opened up the meeting to anyone who wanted to go up and say what they were thankful for. The reason that it was weird is because all of the missionaries that are really weird seemed to be the ones that were going up to the mic. There were some good ones that went up but mostly just the opposite. I did see Hannah right before the Tuesday night devo. and the Thursday morning one also. I got my packages thankyou so much for all of the cookies suckers and the Turkeys I have a Turkey farm in my room now on my wall. I took a picture of it and I will be sending home some pictures soon of my companion and I and my district and some other stuff too. I cant believe that Real Salt Lake won, that is so awesome I am so jealous that I didn't get to go but I will see plenty of soccer games once I get to Brazil. I really appreciate everything that all of you do for me and I am so thankful to have all of you as my family I would love more pictures for my walls and the food that you send me is always excellent and welcome. I love you all so much and I am keeping you all in my prayers. Eu sei que esse Evangelho e verdadiero, eu sei que Thomas S. Monson e um profeta, eu sei que as familias poder estar sempre, eu sei que o livro de Mormon e verdadiero, eu amo voces muito, eu digo esses coises em nome de Jesus Cristo Amem. Love Elder Crittenden

No comments:

Post a Comment