Monday, April 26, 2010

April 19th. e-mail / Apartment Robbery

Dear Family, Today has been a good day I always love P-Days to relax do laundry and I get to email and find out what is going on. I am doing great. The work is pretty good. My companion and I worked a lot this past week. We had a baptism of a 14 year old boy. It was a miracle that we were able to baptize him because his mom is very Catholic and she had a really tough time giving us permission. But she came to church on Sunday and I think that she liked it a lot and she asked us to come by her house this week if were not transferred. We have transfers tomorrow and President said in our interviews this past week that a lot of things will change so I will find out tonight hopefully if I will stay here in Sao Luis or go somewhere else. I didn’t get my package yet but I hope that I get it soon. I think that the tenth day that it arrived was on Tuesday when we had interviews so I will probably get it at zone conference now. Yesterday my companion and I did splits with some ward members and I kinda Bible bashed with a guy. He was a Baptist and he had me read some scripture in Ephesians about someone who will have an angel visit him and will preach other doctrines. He knew about Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon and was trying to convince me that all of that was false. I just talked to him about the Book of Mormon and that it was written by prophets chosen by God and about Joseph and we will teach him this week maybe too. I just had to laugh because they really don’t know what they are talking about when they try to convince us they just repeat what their Preacher tells them so it is fun to prove to them the truths that we have in our Church. This Wednesday on MOMS Birthday I will have 6 Months in the mission, WOW its amazing how fast time goes. Something really exciting happened this past Wednesday, My companion was robbed. We live on the second floor of another house and we have a balcony which is right next door to the other houses. We sleep in the front room which has a door to the balcony that we leave open all night because it is hot. So Wednesday night while we were sleeping someone came into our house in the same room that we were sleeping and on my companions desk he left his wallet which had 500 reais ($285.00) and his camera. Well this person came in and took my companions money and his camera without us waking up. Don’t worry I didn’t have anything on my desk or anything. I left everything in my suitcases and I didn’t get anything stolen but yeah so that’s what happened. So we talked to the owner of our building and he will put a screen door thing that we can close and still have the door open. So for mothers day I talked with Pres. and he said that the way that we call is by us paying. We can’t have the church or anyone else pay it has to be our family. So what I will do is this. I will have you guys call me I will give you our cell phone number and you guys can use the card that Kendra has to call me. I don’t know if I will still be here in Sao Luis or not so I will give you the number of the cell phone later, but that’s what I think will work the best. We can set up a time and everything and it will all be good. That’s about all that I can think of that happened this past week. So how is the boys’ soccer team doing? What’s kew that’s going on in Heber? Anything else new in the family you know, is anyone Pregnant, expecting, etc.? Well I love you all and will talk to you next week Love Your Son, Elder Crittenden

No comments:

Post a Comment