Monday, April 5, 2010

e-mail of March 15

Hi Family, Well this past week was pretty good, we have just been working with our references with people in our ward that we have received. My companion and I went to Tiangua this past week again because they had a baptism and my companion had to do the interview. While we were there I bought at the bus station a really cool thing I will take pictures of myself with it and send home. It is a bottle but it is inside a cows leg and the cows leg has the hoof and everything it is really cool. We had a baptism here yesterday of a kid named Alexandre, my companion baptized him. We didn’t baptize anyone else this past week but hopefully we have some next week if not then we have one for sure the following week the 28 a kid named Luis Carlos and he definitely one of the elect. It is really true how hard that Satan works on people when we ask them to be baptized. Two people here that we are teaching in particular, Raylum and Erika are having a tough time deciding whether or not to be baptized. Transfers are today and we haven’t heard anything yet if I will stay with my companion or if we will be transferred, but I hope to stay with my companion here in Sobral. For your question Dad if we are transferred we will get a phone call, we have cell phones in our mission, so they will call us and let us know tonight. Yesterday we had one missionary from our house go home because he is done with his mission so we will be getting someone new in our house this week maybe two and maybe someone else leaving. My companion and I gave talks yesterday in church, I spoke on the Book of Mormon and the peace that it brings into our lives, my companion spoke on the spirit. We wear our suit coats on Sundays if our chapel has air conditioning and ours does so. We don’t have daylight savings time down here so nothing changed here. It is still hot and rainy and the work is still good. It is really fun to study the scriptures and try to find things that will help our investigators with specific things and I am learning so much from the scriptures. That story that sister Thurber told I can’t believe that I said that, I wish that I could remember but that is really funny. Thanks for everything mom and dad and I love you both very much. Love your Son, Elder Crittenden PS dad how is the Portuguese coming, from what you write in my emails it looks pretty good. People say that once you learn Portuguese you can understand Spanish perfectly so we will have to converse when I get home. Love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment