Monday, March 21, 2011

March 21

Dear Dad and Mom,
Wow it sure sounds like everything really is coming crashing down in the world. We really are in the last days and it's interesting to see that many people still don't realize that.
I am really surprised the thing about Coach North. That is really really ridicules about him maybe losing his job.
Well everybody here has been telling me already about Obama coming here to Brasil but I didn't know about him being rejected and all of that stuff. I am not really that surprised though about everything that is or is not happening. The only thing that I am worried about is the fact that I will be coming home this fall and I will be starting school and I will need a job to pay for that. I sure hope that things start to get better there in the US.
Well, we are still in the staffs apartment building and hopefully we move out this week but who knows. I talked with President and he has already approved all of the things that the guy wants to do on the house but we are just waiting for the guy to start the work now. Most of the houses here in the mission have bars on the windows and all of them have a wall that surrounds them so usually it isn't a problem. But from what I have heard the missionaries have been living in that house almost 20 years and there have been a few robbings here and there but not much was done but now President is getting the house ready and should be alright. I don't even know if I will still be in that house. Today we have transfers and up until now I haven't heard anything. Today is also my 1 year and 5 month mark here in the mission and Elder Daniel(Ashton) from my district in the MTC woke me up saying that to me.
So what are some of the other changes in the Ward or Stake that are happening? Matthew Wheatley is almost done with his mission is he not. I don't remember exactly when he will get home but how is he doing? I sent an email to Lex last week and he responded to me this week. It appears that he is now in Bolivia and he said that they had a mini carnival there too.The people were throwing balloons full of paint at each other.
We would have had a baptism this week but she decided to mark it for this week because she might get baptized with Danielly, our other investigator. We are working with another family right now that is going to get baptized this week and everything is going well with them. They have stopped drinking coffee and are trying to stop smoking and are getting there. They are really progressing.
I don't really have much else to write about for this week. Oh I did think of something else that I would like in my Easter package if you still haven't sent it, A Rubik's cube to play around with. I am learning how to do it. Well I love you all very much. Keep praying for me. Love your son, Elder Crittenden

No comments:

Post a Comment