Monday, March 28, 2011

e-mail for 3/28

Dear Dad and Mom,
So my week was really good. My comp and I stayed together. We found a lot of new families that are really good and we had a baptism. The only bad news is that we are still here in the staff's apartment and I am using a lot of my money for buses.
Well this week we found a new family that lives in front of Armando and Rita, the family that we baptized my first transfer here in Satelite. The Dad is called Luis Carlos and the mom calls herself Raimunda. She was sitting out in front of her house one day as we were going to visit Armando and we started talking to her. We marked a date to come back and visit with her and her husband. We left the first message about the Restoration on that visit and invited them to pray. In the next visit we found out that Raimunda hadn't prayed but would and that Luis had. As he was praying he felt a lot of love for his family and how important that his family is to him. We started teaching about the importance of families in the Church of Jesus Christ and found out a little bit more about them. They weren't able to go to church this week because Luis works on Sunday, but he is going to see if he can get a Sunday off to go to church. They are really liking the things that we are teaching them and it is going really good.
We are still teaching Walan, Heleno and Maria. Walan's baptism is marked for this Saturday or Sunday, we will have to see how it's going to work out with General conference. It will most likely be between sessions. He is really excited about that and is progressing a lot.
Heleno and Maria are progressing more or less. Heleno still has only gone to church one time and is having troubles with giving up smoking. Maria went to church yesterday and loved it a lot, but she has a problem with coffee. We are going to talk to her about that and mark another date for her baptism. She also has to get married to Heleno, so just another hurdle to jump over but we will get there.
We have a couple other families that we began teaching this week but aren't progressing as much but we will still work with them. Morgana got baptized yesterday and that was really cool. Danielly would have been baptized but her mom still hasn't signed the baptismal form and it is really sad because she wanted to be baptized with Morgana yesterday but unfortunately it didn't work out. We went to her house and talked to her mom about how important it is to her to be baptized and we talked with her a little bit about the church, but we are still waiting on the reply. I am afraid that her mom is just going to keep stalling until Danielly gives up or something else but we are continuing to teach her and help her out.
Today was an awesome P-day. We went to this place called Encontro dos Rios which is where the river Poty and the river Parnaiba meet, which are the two rivers that go through Teresina. I bought a souvenir from there and took some pics. It was really cool.
So as I said at the beginning of my letter, I wasn't transferred and neither was my companion. I am still district leader here and my district now has 6 missionaries that will always be there. My district is My comp and I, Elders Landeen and Rodrigues, and Elders Bailey and Smoot. I was with Elder Bailey in Acaialandia for 1 transfer and it's really cool to be back with him. He is a really good friend of mine.
Well, that's about it for my week. We are hoping to move back into our house this week but we will have to see. Well I almost forgot, I am planning on attending the four normal sessions of General Conference and hopefully the Priesthood session early Sunday morning but we will see.
Just some other things in my package would be some twix and snickers candy bars and that's good. Well I love you all very much and I will talk to you next week. Love your son, Elder Crittenden

No comments:

Post a Comment